Cat Thief

As if I needed another reason to dislike cats. Here comes Jack the Thief.

This world seems to be split, black or white, no grey, when it comes to certain things.

Coke or Pepsi?

Democrat or Republican?

Boxers or briefs?

Cats or dogs?

I never liked cats. Mainly because I don't trust them. Cats are the one animal on this planet that can, at the same time, make me paranoid, give me an inferiority complex, and cause me to sneeze and make my eyes water.

I'm allergic to cats, physically, and afraid of them emotionally.

I distrust any pet that gives off an air that they could survive just fine whether you were there or not. My dad didn't like cats either. I remember him telling me why, back in the day.

"They always look like they're up to something," my dad said. "They sneak around."

They do. And they're arrogant. They come and go out of the house as they please, sometimes disappearing for hours. Then they saunter back in, as if daring you to ask them where they've been.

Well, Jack the Thief really WAS up to something.

In Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, Jack, a one-year old cat, has been, for months, pilfering other people's clothing at night. You heard me.

"I don't know how to stop him," his owner, a sweet old lady, told the local news in this video. "I heard that there's a lady who charges $60 an hour to talk to your cat. Maybe we should hire her to talk to Jack.

"It's his fetish," the owner added.

In the video, there's a clothesline strung, and it's occupied from end-to-end with various items of clothing: socks, gloves, a pair of man's underwear, scarves, etc.

Jack apparently commits these crimes at night.

"He's so cat-like," the owner said, and she didn't appear to be joking or sarcastic.

Where Jack gets these clothing items, I have no idea, except that they're obviously from within the neighborhood.

There's even a handmade sign attached to the clothesline.

THESE ITEMS WERE BROUGHT HERE BY MY CAT. IF YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT'S YOURS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Joking? I couldn't make this up if I tried, bunky, and I've been writing fictional stories for decades.

The crime spree doesn't end with the clothes stealing. Like many petty criminals, Jack has moved on to bolder and more violent crimes.

"Well, I'd rather he didn't kill birds," Jack's owner says. "But that's his thing."

Jack the Thief is now Jack the Bird Killer. Of course, killing birds is more "cat-like", truthfully. Much more so than snatching skivvies from the neighbors.

Cats. They're plotting. They're sneaking around. They leave and are gone for hours. Now, they're stealing.

I was RIGHT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Interrupted

Del--icious?

Murder in the Backyard