The "Other" F-Word

My goodness, now they're even calling Miley Cyrus the F-word.

Fat.

And, good for little Miley, she's fighting back.

Miley is 16 years old. She's a pop star, the daughter of one-time pop star/turned actor Billy Ray Cyrus.

Those are the facts.

Now, the opinions.

Seems some photos of Miley hit the Net that showed her in a bikini.

Even little Miley made a crack on Twitter about her jiggly-ness in the photos.

Then the hounds were released.

The Internet wonks started deriding little Miley for her body. Used the F word. A lot.

So little Miley fought back.


NOT fat. And so what if she was?


She posted on her Twitter: "Talk all you want. I have my flaws. I'm a normal girl. There's things about my body that I would change but stop with calling me f*t in post. I don't even like the word."

Obviously, by the way she gave it genuine F-word status by refusing to even spell it out.

She went on. It's OK to yell, "You go, girl!" as you read.

"Those remarks that you hateful people use are fighting words. The ones that scar people and cause them to do damage to themselves or others."

God bless her.

This obsession with the weight of female figures--literally and figuratively--who are in the public eye is ridiculous.

Marie Osmond, while in the midst of taping Donny and Marie on TV, was approached by a network executive. The boob expressed "concern" that Marie's weight was inching up.

The brief encounter affected Marie terribly, she has said.

Today, Marie Osmond does commercials for Nutrisystem, and her book includes an insert pumping the weight loss method.

I never thought Marie Osmond was the F-word. Not even close.

I like a little meat on female bones, truth be told. Skinny women don't look natural to me.

It's the difference between a cold, empty house and a lived-in home. The kind where the pillows on the sofa are out of place and there's a few things cluttering the coffee table.

Jennifer Love Hewitt, who's simply gorgeous, fought the good fight a while back, against those daring to suggest that she's increased a dress size.

Why don't we care about a man's waist size or the greyness of his hair? Among other imperfections?

Oh, I forgot. That makes them "distinguished." My bad.

Little Miley Cyrus is no more fat than a boneless, skinless chicken breast. She's no Jacqueline Sprat, either, but that's OK.

Perfectly OK.

I'm so proud of her. For fighting the good fight against this reckless use of the F-word.

She's 16 years old, for God's sake.

Yet she seems to have a whole lot more going on upstairs than her adult-aged critics.

Little Miley is someone our 16-year-old daughter enjoys and that makes me even more in Miley's corner.

Way to go, Miley. You show 'em, kid!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Interrupted

Del--icious?

Murder in the Backyard